Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Giving Gift of Stress-Free Travel this Holiday Season
#DFWFindJoy: 3.1 million DFW travelers encouraged to "find joy" this holiday season with free parking, complimentary coffee, new mobile app, and more
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Dec. 17, 2015 -- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport hopes to share the gift of stress-free travel with over 3.14 million customers who are expected to fly through DFW this holiday travel season. The customer projection for the Christmas and New Year's travel season, which runs from December 18, 2015 through January 4, 2016 is 2.9% above the corresponding holiday travel period in 2014. During the holidays, DFW is inviting customers to share their experiences online using the social media hashtag #DFWFindJoy.
"Our goal is to make the passenger experience as smooth and efficient as possible, which is certainly a priority during holiday travel times," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of revenue management at DFW Airport. "We believe our special holiday offerings and new amenities and services across all five terminals will be a real treat for travelers, and make DFW even more attractive for everyone from families large and small, to business travelers and international passengers. Our team is ready to provide warm and welcoming customer service and an exceptional travel experience for all of our holiday passengers."
DFW Airport customers can "find joy" while traveling through DFW this holiday season by accepting one or more of the gifts the Airport is offering travelers. These include:
- DFW's first-ever "Park 3, Get 3" free Terminal Parking promotion: All customers who park at least three consecutive days in Terminal Parking between Dec. 18 and Dec. 31 will receive up to three additional days for free (promotion valid for same-stay only). For more information, visit www.DFWAirport.com/park3free;
- Complimentary luggage porters, who will be stationed inside all Terminal Parking garages assisting customers with their baggage and belongings on Dec. 19, Dec. 27 and Dec. 28;
- Complimentary Dunkin' Donuts gift cards, which will be given out to Terminal Parking customers, as well as to travelers inside security in the terminals starting on Dec. 18 while supplies last;
- Complimentary Starbucks gift cards, which will be given out to customers who utilize DFW Airport Valet parking starting on Dec. 21 while supplies last;
- Giant walk-in gift boxes throughout terminals to serve as festive and unique photo settings to share on social media using the hashtag #DFWFindJoy;
- Holiday helpers to ensure a quick check-in and help find delicious dishes, festive flavors and shops full of surprises;
- The brand-new, customer-focused DFW Airport Mobile App, which transforms travel for DFW passengers by providing live turn-by-turn directions to any Airport location, along with many other new simplified features designed to reduce stress and ensure a smooth, warm and welcoming journey.
DFW has opened several new restaurants in time for the 2015 holiday season, highlighted by the recent openings of Twisted Root Burger Company at A25 and California Pizza Kitchen, GNC and Ertekin Men's Boutique at A28. Customers can also discover stores and shops newly opened over the past few months, including the Dallas Cowboys Club at A22, Cantina Laredo at B28, TUMI (luggage & briefcases) at D25, Hugo Boss (fashion & accessories) at D25, The Range (Western apparel & gifts) at D36, L'Occitane en Provence (skincare & fragrance) at D33, 7-Eleven at A25, and Natalie's Candy Jar at A15.
To ensure a smoother travel experience, DFW is offering the following holiday travel tips:
- Download the all-new DFW Airport Mobile App to access tailored information for your particular journey through DFW, including intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities. The DFW Airport Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Leave early and arrive at least two hours before your departure time to provide ample time to park, check-in, clear security and arrive at your departure gate. This will reduce stress and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW. This is especially important for customers with flights in Terminal E, which is currently undergoing roadway and garage construction work.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/parking
- Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- Customers traveling with gifts should leave them unwrapped, as they may need to be inspected at the security checkpoints.
- Both airline and TSA regulations do not allow hoverboards through the TSA line or on the aircraft, so its best to leave your hoverboards at home.