Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Kicks Off Holiday Travel Season with Week of Cheer for Customers
New Airport amenities and festive holiday decorations will welcome approximately 7.7 million passengers throughout the winter holidays
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Nov. 21, 2017 -- More than 7.7 million customers will be welcomed to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport with a new holiday experience throughout the peak winter travel season. Decorations highlighted by a 37-foot tall tree that customers can walk through to see a snowflake light display and an on-going series of surprise events will delight customers in November, December and January. Local customers can also receive free parking and win flights to Iceland with its traditional "Orange Wednesday" promotion.
"DFW is a big part of the holiday travel experience for customers, whether they're leaving Texas and heading around the world, or being reunited with family and friends in Dallas Fort Worth," said Ken Buchanan, DFW's executive vice president of Revenue Management. "Whether it's decorations, entertainment or friendly assistance from a member of our team, we want to be the reason people smile when they come through DFW over the holidays."
DFW Airport projects that 7.7 million customers will visit the Airport from November 21 through January 2, an increase of 3.2% over the same period last year.
Tomorrow, on "Orange Wednesday," the first 1,000 entrants into the North and South Entry Parking Plazas will receive a promotional code to be redeemed for up to seven (7) days free terminal parking on their next trip. This is the second year for the "Orange Wednesday" promotion, which begins Wednesday, November 22, at 6:00 a.m. Free terminal parking vouchers are valid for stays from November 25, 2017, through January 7, 2018. Normal parking rates will apply after seven days of free parking. Learn more at www.dfwairport.com/orangewednesday.
Orange Wednesday recipients will also receive a 20-percent discount on flights to Iceland aboard WOW air. WOW begins direct service from DFW starting in May 2018.
Throughout the holiday season, DFW Airport customers are invited to enjoy holiday activities including:
- Holiday decorations, themed "Magic is in the Air," throughout Terminals A and D
- The 37-foot tall tree decorated and lit throughout the season near gate D30
- Santa's Workshop, featuring surprises from singers, dancers, entertainers and concessionaires at gates A13 and D36 from December 8 through January 2. At select times each day, customers will be treated to entertainment or giveaways in the terminals.
Airport customers will also benefit from new amenities and services including:
- A new 24-hour cell phone lot where visitors can park for up to two hours while waiting for passenger pick up. The lot features 53 parking spaces, ample lighting and an emergency blue light phone.
- New concessionaries for last-minute gifts and treats throughout all five terminals, including Bubble Zones presented by Coca-Cola® (A13, E13), Eddie Bauer (B21), IHOP Express (E8), Southwest News (A39), Caribou Coffee & Einstein Bros. Bagels (C6) and Code 3 Urgent Care and Pharmacy (D25).