Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Kicks Off Thanksgiving Travel Season on "Orange Wednesday"
DFW welcomes travelers with a free Terminal Parking deal, new comforts and fresh tastes
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Nov. 18, 2016 -- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport is kicking off the Thanksgiving travel season on "Orange Wednesday," November 23, by offering a week of free Terminal Parking. The first 1,000 cars that enter through specially marked parking plaza lanes starting at 6:00 AM on Orange Wednesday, November 23, will be given vouchers for seven (7) days of free Terminal Parking:
- Vouchers can be used by travelers entering Terminal Parking between Wednesday, November 23 and Sunday, November 27
- Promotion is valid for a maximum of seven (7) days after date of entry through 11:59 p.m. on December 4
- Normal parking rates will apply following the seven (7) days of free parking
"Thanksgiving gives everyone at DFW a chance to show how thankful we are for our customers by ensuring their DFW travel experience will be a seamless and enjoyable one," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of Revenue Management at DFW Airport. "DFW Airport is proud to serve so many families year-after-year, and we pride ourselves on offering them efficient customer service, unique amenities, close and efficient parking, and new restaurants, shops and services. "
From November 18 through November 29, 2016, approximately two million passengers are anticipated to travel through DFW Airport to their final Thanksgiving destination.
Customers traveling this Thanksgiving will have the opportunity to meet the new DFW K9 Crew. These 12 service dogs and their handlers calm fliers and reduce stress by being a friendly presence in the terminals. They can meet the dogs at designated interaction areas in Terminal B, both before and after security. Customers are encouraged to take photos with the therapy dogs and share on social media with the hashtag #DogsofDFW.
Customers can also enjoy DFW Airport's new shopping and dining options throughout its five terminals, including the new Univision Travel Shop and Whitetail Bistro in Terminal D and Lorena Garcia TAPAS y Cocina in Terminal A. With more than 150 restaurants to choose from and countless boutique and name brand stores, travelers can relax and get ahead on holiday shopping while waiting for their flight.
To easily access flight information and notifications, travelers are encouraged to download DFW's Mobile App and sync it with their Apple Watch. The app features six additional languages, including Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese, and real-time information about parking availability, restaurants, shops, amenities and services, and walking turn-by-turn directions to locations inside the terminals. The Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
In addition to downloading the DFW Mobile App, DFW Airport recommends the following tips to ensure a seamless travel experience:
- Arrive at DFW at least two hours before your departure time to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will reduce stress and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW.
- Take advantage of the closer, faster and smarter DFW Airport Parking, with Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available for passengers originating from Dallas / Fort Worth. Learn more at www.DFWairport.com/parking.
- Join trusted traveler programs to speed up the security process, such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- Leave gifts unwrapped to ensure swift inspection at security checkpoints.