Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Looks Ahead to Fall Season with Parking Deal and New Amenities
Labor Day Weekend marks end of another busy summer for travel at DFW
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Sept. 2, 2016 -- Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport is kicking off its busiest fall yet with a Terminal Parking promotion, updated airport amenities, and new retail and dining options. To welcome weekend travelers this fall, the Airport is offering a parking discount of nearly 60 percent. Between September 2 and November 13, weekend travelers can park in Terminal Parking for three (3) days for $29, as long as they enter on a Friday. Terminal Parking is DFW's most convenient self-parking option, with a total of 28,000 spaces and state-of-the-art digital parking guidance systems. The base rate for Terminal Parking is $24 per day. With Labor Day marking the traditional end of the summer travel season, DFW is projecting 1.2 million travelers will fly through the Airport this holiday weekend.
"Our goal is to make the customer experience as smooth and efficient as possible," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of revenue management for DFW Airport. For the most convenient parking travelers are encouraged to take advantage of our Terminal Parking promotion and we will continue to elevate the overall DFW travel experience with new amenities and updates to make for a delightful trip through DFW."
DFW is continuing to add new restaurants, stores and services to elevate the customer experience. Travelers arriving at DFW this weekend will enjoy these new additions for shopping and dining throughout the Airport:
- Stampede 66 Express – Modern Texas cuisine by Chef Stephan Pyles near D27
- Coach – Luxury retail near D24
- CRÚ – Food and Wine bar near D24
- Longchamp – Luxury accessories near D24
- Aveda, Jo Malone & Mac – Luxury beauty near D20 and D25
To ensure a positive travel experience for everyone, DFW recommends the following travel tips:
- Download the DFW Mobile App to access tailored information for your journey through DFW, including intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities. The DFW Mobile App (version 3.2.2) now works with Apple Watch and features seven (7) languages, news and weather alerts, enhanced flight search with autocomplete functionality, a geo-enhanced "shops, dine and services" feature, improved parking information, Skylink locators, social media connectors, and overall improved offline use. The DFW Airport Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Arrive two (2) hours prior to your flight departure to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate.
- Park closer, faster and smarter by using DFW Parking. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.dfwairport.com/parking.
- Speed through the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than 3 ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.