Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Offers Free Week of Terminal Parking To Kick Off 2016 Summer Travel Season
Airport projects 2.4% increase in customers for busy summer season
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, May 27, 2016 -- Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport kicked off the summer travel season by offering up to seven (7) free days of Terminal Parking to the first one thousand customers that enter designated ticket-only lanes at the North and South entry plazas on Friday, May 27. The vouchers were distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be valid through 11:59 p.m. on September 10.
The Airport projects 18.4 million customers will fly through the Airport during the summer travel period, an expected 2.4% increase over last year. The summer travel season runs from June 1 through August 31, and DFW is encouraging customers to arrive two (2) hours prior to their posted flight departure time to ensure the best possible experience. DFW Airport will have Guest and Luggage Assistance available in all Terminals for travelers on May 27, May 28 and May 30.
"We want to make sure customers have a smooth travel experience through DFW Airport, and with our parking promotion we hope to share a little summer joy," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of Revenue Management for DFW Airport. "Customers will see that we have unveiled significant updates inside the terminals and also to the DFW Mobile App as part of our ongoing effort to elevate the travel experience at DFW. The 18 million customers we will host this summer will certainly encounter even more great shopping, dining and services to make their trip through DFW as enjoyable as possible."
Along with up to seven days of free parking, DFW's summer travelers can also enjoy these new additions for shopping and dining throughout the Airport:
- Café Izmir – Mediterranean tapas restaurant near gate D12
- Camille's Ice Cream – Custom made ice cream shop near gate E17
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse – Famous Texas barbecue restaurant near gate E13
- Marshall-Rousso – women's accessories store near gate E12
- The Love Shack – Chef Tim Love's Fort Worth burger joint near gate E11
- Southwest News – newsstand near gate E14 (pre-security)
- Garrett Popcorn – Famous Chicago popcorn near gate B29
- Rodeo Bar – Western-themed bar near gate B32
To ensure a smoother summer travel experience, DFW recommends the following travel tips:
- Download the DFW Mobile App to access tailored information for your particular journey through DFW, including intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities. The DFW Mobile App (version 3.2) now features seven (7) languages (including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese), news and weather alerts on the home screen, enhanced flight search with autocomplete functionality, an enhanced geo-enhanced "shops, dine and services" feature, improved parking information, activity suggestions for flight delays, Skylink locators, social media connectors, and overall improved offline use.
- Park closer, faster and smarter by using DFW Parking. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.dfwairport.com/parking.
- Speed through the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA PreCheck® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than 3 ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.