Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Spreads Holiday Cheer And New Concessions In Time For The Holidays
“Cheer Starts Here!” campaign continues for more than 3.2 million customers during DFW’s busiest holiday season ever
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is spreading holiday cheer for the Christmas and New Year’s holiday travel period, which is projected to be the Airport’s busiest holiday season ever. About 3.2 million passengers are expected at DFW Airport between December 17 and January 4, which is 2.4% above last year’s figure. Customers visiting the Airport will discover new concessions outlets and many renovated and newly opened areas of Terminals A, B and E.
DFW’s construction elves have been busy since Thanksgiving, opening seven new concessions outlets since November 24, just in time for the holiday travel season. The new concessions outlets include:
• Wild Bleu Martini Bar (A9), featuring Mediterranean cuisine
• iStore Boutique (A21), featuring mobile and electronics gear
• Banh Shop (D31), featuring fresh Vietnamese and Asian cuisine
• Genghis Grill (E33), featuring fresh Asian cuisine
• Lick (E33), featuring a wide array of candy and sweets
• NBC-5 Travel Store (E36), featuring newsstand and snack items
• Southwest News (E36-outside security), featuring newsstand and snack items
“A key part of our mission at DFW Airport is to demonstrate outstanding customer service and a great atmosphere, and to show our customers that holiday fun begins here at DFW,” said Sean Donohue, chief executive officer at DFW Airport. “So as we wish everyone a happy holiday season and safe travels, we also want to show our customers the progress we’ve been making with our terminal improvements that are creating a better travel experience for everyone.”
In recent weeks, DFW has also opened a total of 44 newly renovated gates throughout Terminals A, B and E, along with new checkpoints and ticketing areas. Additionally, the Parking Guidance System that has redefined the parking experience in Terminal A has now been installed in the Terminal D garage, with overhead lights and numbered signs guiding drivers quickly to the closest available parking space.
DFW customers will discover freshly unveiled phases of DFW’s terminal renovations in Terminal A (Gates A19-A23), Terminal B (Gates B24-B49) and Terminal E (Gates E17-E38). These include modernized terminal spaces, new self-service technologies, expanded security checkpoints, enhanced infrastructure and facilities and more efficient service counters, all of which are part of the Airport’s Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP).
Throughout the Christmas and New Year’s holiday travel period, DFW will extend its popular “Cheer Starts Here!” campaign which launched at Thanksgiving. In keeping with the holiday spirit, the Airport will deploy luggage porters in the parking garages to assist customers during some of the busiest travel days. Dressed in white “Cheer Starts Here!” shirts, the porters will be available in the parking garages at Terminals A, C and E during the following days and times during the Christmas and New Year’s travel season:
• Saturday, December 20th: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Central
• Saturday, December 27th: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central
• Sunday, December 28th: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central
As part of the “Cheer Starts Here!” campaign, each of the Airport’s five terminals features a giant walk-in snow globe to serve as a setting for family photos. Customers are invited to share their photos on Twitter with the hashtag #DFWCheerStartsHere. In addition, complimentary coffee vouchers will be distributed to DFW Airport Valet parking and DART light rail customers.
For all customers including international and connecting passengers, DFW Airport features world-class shopping and dining as well as outstanding amenities and services. Customers can shop in small, boutique shops or brand name outlets or duty free stores. DFW customers can also savor a meal by choosing from 150 restaurants serving a variety of cuisines. For relaxation, customers can head to Minute Suites for a nap (D23), get a massage at XpresSpa (D20, D24) or visit the free DFW Yoga Studio (D40).
DFW customers can also enjoy best-in-class amenities such as free WiFi and power charging stations throughout all five terminals, a walking path for exercise (Terminal D), an art program (Terminal D and Skylink stations) with an accompanying podcast, and children’s play areas (A13, B12, C14, D33) in four terminals.
To ensure a relaxing and cheerful experience, DFW Airport offers these additional tips to improve your travel experience this holiday season:
1. Before heading to DFW Airport, download the new-and-improved DFW Airport Mobile App Version 2.0, which includes a host of added new conveniences, such as voice concierge, integrated social media capabilities, a restaurant / shop finder, customizable weather information and more. Customers can also find helpful and updated travel tips online at www.DFWAirport.com/Travel.
2. Leave early and arrive at DFW two hours before your departure time, to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will enable a stress-free travel experience and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW.
3. DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas / Fort Worth area. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/Parking.
4. Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
5. Pack smart and remember 3-1-1. TSA Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
6. The TSA reminds all customers to keep gifts unwrapped before arriving at the checkpoints, and to pack all valuables and medicines in your carry-on bags.
(re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport’s $2.69 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, log on to www.dfwairport.com/redefine.