DFW Airport Offers Parking Tips for Travelers To Best Navigate Through the Airport, Including “Trunk to Terminal” Shuttles From Express South Parking
Five-Minute Shuttle from DFW’s Express South Parking Serves Seven Airlines at Terminal E
With roadway and parking facility construction in full swing at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport, DFW is advising customers to give themselves plenty of time to get to the Airport. For customers parking at the Airport, there are new, high-tech parking guidance systems in place at Terminals A and D, which serve American Airlines and international carriers. If departing on Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and WestJet, which all operate from Terminal E, DFW recommends customers park at DFW’s Express South Parking, adjacent to Terminal E. Express South provides “trunk to terminal” service to terminal E in five minutes and more economical parking rates. Shuttles for all other terminals are also available at both Express North and Express South Parking for customer convenience.
“A key part of our mission at DFW Airport is to demonstrate exceptional customer service,” said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president for revenue management at DFW Airport. “As we work on our long term vision of updating our terminals, improving parking and roadways, we hope a little information will go a long way toward enhancing the customer experience while construction is going on in the short term.”
As a result, the Airport is offering a few handy tips for improving the customers’ experience, particularly if traveling on the seven airlines serving Terminal E.
• Customers may use both upper and lower levels to drop off passengers.
• One-hour parking for drop-offs and pick-ups is located at both the first entrance to Terminal E, and the last entrance. The middle parking entrance for Terminal E is undergoing construction.
• Terminal E travelers parking at the airport are encouraged to park in Express South Parking, which has special “trunk-to-terminal E” shuttle service running around the clock. Passengers using Express South can park for only $11/day and avoid driving through construction congestion while the Terminal E parking construction is underway. They will also enjoy luggage assistance, complimentary bottled water and newspapers, and up-to-date flight information. For more information, visit www.DFWAirport.com/ParkExpress_South.
• For Terminal E customers traveling with only carry-on bags, you can park at Terminal D, and check in at Terminal D at any of the kiosks in the international departures hall (Doorway D18), and after passing through security take a quick Skylink ride to all Terminal E gates.
• Visit www.dfwairport.com or DFW’s YouTube Channel to get a video preview of the “trunk to terminal” Parking Shuttle serving airlines departing from Terminal E. (Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, USAirways and WestJet)
For all travelers, before heading to DFW Airport, take advantage of the following additional travel tips to ensure a relaxing and stress-free experience:
• Leave early and arrive at DFW at least two hours before your flight time to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate.
• Before heading to DFW Airport, download the new-and-improved DFW Airport Mobile App Version 2.0, which includes a host of added new conveniences, such as voice concierge, integrated social media capabilities, a restaurant / shop finder, customizable weather information and more. Customers can also find helpful and updated travel tips online at www.DFWAirport.com/Travel
• Once you have located your gate, if you have time, visit one of the many new concessions and retail shops and enjoy your time at DFW.
(re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport’s $2.69 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, visit www.DFWAirport.com/redefine.