Ready for Download: DFW International Airport Releases Version 2.0 of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App
Updated features include voice concierge, integrated social media, restaurant/shop finder and enhanced performance
Navigating the world’s third-busiest airport – Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – just got easier with the latest release of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for mobile devices. Customers downloading Version 2.0 of the DFW Mobile App will find a host of added new conveniences, including a voice concierge, integrated social media capabilities, a restaurant / shop finder and customizable weather information.
The free download is available for Apple iOS and Android.
“Customers will find the latest version of our mobile app to be simple and fluid as they use it to discover everything there is to love about DFW Airport,” said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president for revenue management at DFW. “The Mobile App gives DFW customers clear, consistent and friendly functionality to enhance their entire Airport experience.”
The groundbreaking first version of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App technology at DFW pioneered the integration of parking information and flight change notifications for airport mobile apps. Version 2.0 incorporates the following key new features:
• Voice Concierge: The Voice Concierge allows customers to use their voice to ask for information about DFW Airport, from flights to restaurants to shops and parking.
• Restaurant / Shop Finder: This feature can point customers to any of the 270+ concessions outlets at the Airport, including those nearest to your current location or less than five minutes from your gate.
• Weather: This module lets customers pull up-to-date weather information for DFW and for their destination, as well as alerts for severe weather conditions.
• Integrated Social Media: This feature allows customers to easily access DFW Airport’s Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and YouTube feeds to get the latest information or engage with the Airport team.
The DFW Airport Mobile App will also receive significant upgrades for these existing features:
• Flights: The redesigned Flights interface gives passengers easier access to flight information including push notifications and a notifications inbox, a flight search feature, and the ability to save and retrieve stored flight information, and Voice Concierge integration to look up flight data.
• Parking: The Parking functionality lets customers receive continuously updated information about DFW Parking, including availability and rates for Valet, Terminal, Express, and Remote Parking.
• Home Screen: Version 2.0 of the DFW Airport Mobile App features a brand new home screen, complete with a side tray navigation drawer and a refreshed look and feel.
• Feedback: The popular feedback module returns with survey questions and the ability to provide direct feedback.
To celebrate the release of Version 2.0 of the DFW Airport Mobile App, DFW will hold monthly prize giveaways of an Apple® iPad Mini with Retina Display. To participate, To participate, users can simply download the latest version of the app. Customers will be directed to a landing page asking for contact information. Those who submit the completed form will be eligible for the monthly drawing, with one winner selected each month through November 2014.
For more information on Version 2.0 of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App visit http://www.dfwairport.com/mobileapp or check out the overview video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2YVXodcbz8.
(re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport’s $2.69 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, log on to www.dfwairport.com/redefine.