Record Summer Travelers Anticipated at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
More than 18 million passengers will experience DFW's enhanced offerings, including mobile food ordering
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, May 23, 2017 -- More than 18 million customers are expected to travel through Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport during the 2017 summer travel period, a projected increase of 3.5% over last year. To prepare for the record-setting number of customers, DFW is offering new amenities and digital platforms to make the travel experience more seamless than ever.
"This summer, we're rolling out new Mobile Food Ordering, the DFW Journey Planner and opening an enhanced parking facility for easy access to Terminal E," said Ken Buchanan, Executive Vice President of Revenue Management for DFW. "Innovating new services for our customers helped DFW earn the title of the number one large airport for customer satisfaction in North America. We're excited to introduce these new features, and we'll continue to work on new ways to elevate the customer experience at DFW."
There's a new, smarter way for customers to pre-order and pick up their next meal at DFW. Customers can now use the DFW Mobile App to scan restaurant menus, place their orders and pay whether their flight is taxiing to the gate or before they arrive at the Airport. The green "mobile ordering" icon makes it easy to find participating restaurants, and the app makes it easy to pay in advance and avoid the wait.
The addition of a Journey Planner to the official DFW Airport website (www.dfwairport.com/journeyplanner) gives customers the ability to create a custom itinerary for their time at the Airport. After answering a few questions regarding travel plans and preferences, customers receive personalized recommendations for parking, shopping, dining and relaxing at DFW. An integrated interactive map provides wayfinding assistance, and customers can save their Journey Planner results for future visits to DFW.
New Terminal E Parking Garage
Customers traveling out of Terminal E will now have easy access to their gates thanks to the opening of the new and improved parking facility. The garage has 3500 parking spaces and features DFW's Parking Guidance System, which uses overhead lights and electronic signs to guide customers to available spaces on each level of the five story structure.
In addition, for the first time, DFW will offer Electronic Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations. The eight charging stations in Terminal E can be found in the garage's one-hour parking areas, with four EV stations available near Gate E16 and four available near Gate E33. DFW will offer EV Charging Stations at other terminals in the coming months.
Summer Travel Tips
To ensure a more enjoyable travel experience, DFW is offering the following summer travel tips:
- Download the DFW Airport Mobile App to access information tailored for each journey through DFW, including mobile food ordering, intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information and search capabilities. The DFW Airport Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple TV, Apple Watch, Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Leave early and arrive at least two hours before departure time to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security and arrive at the gate.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for customers originating from the Dallas Fort Worth region. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/Parking.
- Passengers can speed through the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- International travelers can speed through U.S. Customs and Border Protection by downloading the Mobile Passport Control app, which allows users to enter their declaration information electronically and bypass the Customs waiting queues.