Spotlight on DFW’s Path Forward as a Leader in Sustainability
DFW Airport has released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, themed Shaping Tomorrow. The report provides transparent information and disclosures about DFW’s performance and impact on environmental, social and governance issues.
In 2022, DFW embraced the return of travel and stabilization of global aviation, and we have our sights firmly set on what’s ahead. DFW is leveraging its position as a leader in sustainability, forging new paths for community collaboration and creating new economic opportunities in pursuit of our vision of “Travel. Transformed.”
This year’s ESG report shines a spotlight on DFW’s commitment to, and progress toward, sustainable and innovative business practices reflected in the following goals and accomplishments:
· Commitment to Net Zero Carbon by 2030
· Signatory of the Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism
· 2022 Texan by Nature (TxN20)
· Corporation of the Year – Women’s Business Council Southwest (WBCS)
· 2022 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award for Large Hub Airports by Airports Council International (ACI)
· 1/3+ of initiatives identified in the Strategic Plan are directly tied to technology and innovation
· The Risk Management Society (RIMS) Global Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Award of Distinction Honorable Mention
· Public Risk Management Association (PRMA) 2022 Outstanding Achievement for ERM Award
This year’s report covers the fiscal year 2022: Oct. 1, 2021, to Sept. 30, 2022.
Click here to see the full report.
About Dallas Fort Worth International Airport:
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is one of the world’s busiest and most connected airports. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, it serves as a major economic engine generating jobs and attracting businesses. DFW is committed to providing exceptional customer service and has been named the best large airport for customer satisfaction in North America by Airports Council International. A leader in sustainability, DFW is the world’s largest and North America’s first carbon-neutral airport. For more information, visit the DFW website or download the DFW Mobile App for iOS and Android devices.